Friday, November 11, 2011

B.B. King A Heart Full of Blues - Record of the Day


So I'm listening to this album right now actually and I was just going to tweet it and be done with it but I kept on listening and decided that it merited it's very own blog post.

Everybody knows B.B. King, no big deal really, but sometimes it is worth revisiting the old standbys. I came home from work today defeated and tired and feeling really bad about the state of everything. So I made a cup of tea and searched our admittedly disorganized library of records for Nina Simone.... thinking that only a woman could understand exactly what I am feeling.

Well, I didn't find Nina, I stumbled across Mr. King and thought to myself, "now what I really have here is a case of the blues" and anyone can understand that right? I put it on. I sipped my tea. I don't really feel much better but I do feel less alone. Isn't that the magic of good music?

No comments:

Post a Comment